A Little About Me
Hello gente!!! My name is Dave Whiteside and I'm one of the language assistants in CPT Virgen de Remedios located in a town to the north of Madrid, Colmenar Viejo. It's my first year working in this school and it's been a great experience in all aspects from working with the students to collaborating with the school staff to receiving support from the administration.
I'm from a small town called Los Gatos (thus the title of the blog) which is in the California Bay Area about one hour south of San Francisco. I enjoy being outside (hiking, bike rides), going to the gym, playing basketball and reading.
After graduating from San Jose St. University with a degree in Child and Adolescent Development and substitute teaching for about a year and a half, I learned about the Language Assistant program and jumped at the opportunity and was given a placement in Granada in 2010. I spent 7 years in Granada, moved to LogroƱo for one year then returned to Granada for another 2 years. Now, I find myself here in Madrid and am loving the city, although with the current state of world affairs maybe not quite as much as if there were no global pandemic :(.
Comments
Post a Comment